Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Solutions is looking for a South Africa-based Research Analyst to join the Operational Risk team.
Fitch Solutions, a leading emerging markets analysis firm, is recruiting a high-calibre graduates to join its team in Centurion. We are continuing to build a team of bright, ambitious Research analysts to sit alongside and support the successful sales team. We are looking for a Research Analyst, who will primarily focus on Operational Risk in Emerging Markets .
You will be contributing to our market intelligence service, providing analytical research and forecasts for senior decision makers in banks, consultancies, multinational corporations, investment funds and government agencies.
Your responsibilities will include :
- Managing a portfolio of countries, producing reports assessing risks and opportunities.
- Producing country-level analysis, examining financial data, company strategies and key business environment developments.
- Maintaining a portfolio of country-level research, sourcing local data and ensuring data and research accuracy.
- Collaborating with relevant analysts across global offices to ensure holistic, cutting-edge analysis.
- Working alongside our Sales team and directly with our clients to communicate key views and promote our business development.
You will receive extensive training in all areas of analysis and forecasting with the help of our in-house training material and regular training seminars hosted by senior members of the Research team, in combination with rigorous hands-on guidance from your line manager and team members. Fitch Solutions also encourages external training by subsidising external courses, such as the CFA and relevant language classes.
Areas of focus include :
- Industry Risk
- Political and Operational Risk
- Financial Markets
- Company Analysis
We are looking for candidates with a strong academic background and a passion for the subject matter, with prior understanding of basic macroeconomic principles and a familiarity with world affairs. A trainee analyst will need to demonstrate ambition and a desire to learn.
Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience
Basic Requirements :
- A degree from a top-tier university (ideally in economics, finance or international relations/law/ international law/ politics).
- Fluent in English with strong writing capabilities.
- Keen interest in economics, global financial markets and world affairs.
Ideal Skills/Qualifications :
- Previous experience (academic or professional) in analysis and research of global markets, political risk and macroeconomics.
- Postgraduate degree.
- Degree in economics or related subject.
- Language skills.
- Prior work experience in related field (ideally private sector).
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.