Home » Apprenticeship Programmes
Category Archives: Apprenticeship Programmes
Mascor Apprenticeship Programme We are currently looking to appoint a Diesel Apprentices at our John Deere Dealerships in Winterton.
Mascor Apprenticeship Programme
Closing Date:09 November 2018
Location: Winterton, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
We are currently looking to appoint a Diesel Apprentices at our John Deere Dealerships in Winterton.
Agricultural Engineering, Artisans, Civil Engineering, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Operator, Technical, Trade, Traineeship
Mascor is offering opportunities for TOP PERFORMERS! After a rigorous selection process, the successful candidates will become a trainee in our Diesel Mechanic Apprenticeship Programme
- Grade 12 Certificate with Mathematics & Science (NOT MATHS LITE): or
- N2 or N3 technical Qualification with relevant trade subjects i.e Diesel & Motor Theory, Engineering drawing, Engineering Science & Mathematics
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Excellent communication Skills.
How To Apply
Arcelormittal Apprenticeships Must Have Grade 12 Complete Grade 12 qualification with English, Physical or Engineering Science
Arcelormittal Apprenticeships Must Have Grade 12
Closing Date: 31 October 2019
|Production LearnerComplete Grade 12 Certificate with the following minimum criteria:
|Fitter and Turner Apprenticeship
KZN Transport Dept Apprenticeship Programme The Department of Transport is offering Apprenticeship Programme for unemployed candidates
KZN Transport Dept Apprenticeship Programme
Closing Date: 09 October 2018
Duration: 4 Years
The Department of Transport is offering Apprenticeship Programme for unemployed candidates in the field of Earth Moving Equipment Mechanical in the following geographical areas. 4 YEAR CONTRACT
Mountain Rise [x2]
Port Shepstone [x2]
- N2 (Nated study at FET college) Mechanical Engineering with the following subjects passed, Mathematics, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing / Industrial Electronics, Diesel Trade Theory OR
- Grade 12 / Matric, English, Mathematics-Core, Physical Science, Mechanical Technology or similar, Technical Drawing, Diesel Trade Theory OR
- NCV (NQF ) Level 4 – Engineering related design (Automotive) – ERD (Available at FET colleges- English, Maths, Life Orientation, Engineering Processes, Professional Engineering Practice, Applied Engineering Technology and Automotive Repair & Maintenance)
- Diesel Trade Theory.
Other skills / competencies: • Enjoy working with your hands • Initiative • Disciplined, self-motivated and committed to the programme * Minimum Code C drivers licence will be an advantage.
Short listed candidates will be required to undergo the following prior to final selection: • Panel Interview • Certificate of fitness (Doctors certificate).
Duration: Training will be over a 4 year period which will entail skills training at the accredited training centre and practical work exposure at the mechanical engineering workshops.
Department of Transport is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to suitable qualified candidates from the designated groups in line with the Department’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan. Pre-screening, profile testing, medical and security clearance form part of the recruitment and selection process. Employment of the successful candidates is subject to the aforementioned criteria above. Preference will be given to candidates who resides within the identified geographical areas. Proof of residence is a requirement.
Directions to candidates: Please complete an application form which is available on (http://www.kzntransport.gov.za) , or at the nearest Department of Transport offices and a comprehensive CV, certified copies of the qualifications, ID, together with the proof of residence to the contact person mentioned below. Failure to submit the required documentation will result in the application not being considered.
NB: If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing dates, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
How To Apply
Applications are forwarded to the Human Resource Directorate, Private Bag X 9043, Pietermaritzburg 3201 or hand delivered to 172 Burger Street, Pietermaritzburg 3201 for the attention of Lizwie Phetha.
- Ladysmith Region: Mr M.P. Ntuli on tel: (036) 638 4401.
- Pietermaritzburg Region: Mr S.S. Shabalala on tel: (033) 392 6600.
- Empangeni Region: Mr L.M. Pillay on tel: (035) 787 1442.
- Durban Region: Mr N. Shoba on tel: (031) 700 2222.
Apprenticeship Programme Mintek Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified persons for appointment
Apprenticeship Programme Mintek
Closing Date: 30 September 2018
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified persons for appointment to the position of: Work Integrated Learning Programme P1 and P2
Mintek offers an exciting opportunity to suitable candidates for potential placement within our technical divisions at our Randburg Offices.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The purpose is to provide practical work experience to students who are in their last year of study and require in-service training in order to obtain a qualification.
JOB KNOWLEDGE /SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Computer Literacy –MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Sound communication skills
- Strong numerical and analytical abilities
- Attention to detail
- Excellent academic record and be in the final year (semester 4) of obtaining the following tertiary qualification:
- National Diploma in the below listed fields of study)
- Analytical Chemistry
- Extractive Metallurgy,
- Chemical Engineering,
- Environmental Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Electrical Mechatronics
- Electrical Electronics and Electronic Communication
PROSPECTIVE INTERNS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING AS ONE DOCUMENT:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Certified academic record;
- A letter from tertiary institution;
- Identification Document (ID)
How To Apply
Apprenticeship Programme ABB All ABB’s Young Talent Programmes are based on the 70:20:10 Model of Learning and Development
Apprenticeship Programme ABB
Closing Date: 28 September 2018
Lcoation: Modderfontein, Gauteng
All ABB’s Young Talent Programmes are based on the 70:20:10 Model of Learning and Development which is based on three types of learning: Hands-on (70%), Asking questions (20%), Classroom (10%). We also understand that the world of work has changed and will continue to change. To keep with the pace and progress within the organization, you will need more than just Hard Skills (Technical), hence, during your time at ABB South Africa we will equip you with Soft Skills that will enable you to connect, create your identity and promote yourself in any working environment. In addition to formally learning about our products through our online Learning Management System and our face-to face classroom training (10%), you will spend most of your time working with our actual products and systems (70%), and also be exposed to industry experts and leaders who will be available to answer your questions and provide you with career guidance (20%). For the 2018 Intake, we are looking for Apprenticeships which forms part of a highly structured rotation metrics:
Electrical Engineering Apprenticeship:
In the first 6 months you will be learning about TESTING:
- You will be assisting in performing primary injection on CURRENT TRANSFORMER
- Assisting in performing magnetization curve on CURRENT TRANSFORMER
- Electrical Equipment, Power tools & Hand tools.
- Soft Soldering & Hard Soldering Technics
- Fault finding and Secondary Injections
- Compile documents and records of test report
You will learn about WIRING:
- Reading & understanding wiring schematics
- Understanding various electrical material used
- Symbols used for STs, Vts, etc.
- Used of various hand tools
- Electrical assembly of components into LV apartments.
- Good communication and Interpersonal Skills,
- Technical Knowledge in Engineering,
- Proven abilities to communicate effectively in English.
- Accurate and timeous completion of assignments (results driven).
How To Apply
In the event you do not hear from the Company within a period of 21 days after the closing date of applications, please consider your application unsuccessful. The CV’s of unsuccessful candidates will not be returned.