Department of Health Pharmacy technician Internships
Closing Date for submission of applications: 28 June 2019
Reference Number: PTI/30/5/19
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
The Eastern Cape Department of Health is implementing Learnership and Developmental Programmes targeting the youth of our communities to capacitate and upskill community beneficiaries decrease the unemployment rate in the province. The Department has 79 Pharmacy Technician Internship opportunities. Applications are invited from the unemployed (18.2) youth who possess an Advanced Certificate in Pharmacy Technical Support or a qualification as Pharmacy Technicians to apply for a twelve months Pharmacy Technician Internship programme within Alfred Nzo, Amathole, Buffalo City Metro, Chris Hani, Joe Gqabi, Nelson Mandela Bay Metro, O. R. Tambo and Sarah Baartman district. The Pharmacy Technician Internship programme is scheduled to start in June 2019 as per the following allocated seats:
- Joe Gqabi district – 10 learners
- Alfred Ndzo district – 10 learners
- Buffalo City Metro including Cecilia Makiwane and Frere Hospital – 10 learners
- Nelson Mandela Bay Metro including Dora Nginza and Livingstone Hospital –10 learners
- Amathole District – 10 learners
- Chris Hani District – 10 learners
- O. R. Tambo District – 10 learners
- Sarah Baartman District – 9 learners
N. B. Seats allocated to districts will be given to the needy facilities if not utilized within the specified time frames. Admission requirements:
- Certified copy (current and not older than three months) of Grade 12 (Matric) certificate or equivalent.
- Certified copy (current and not older than three months) of a qualification as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Certified Copy of Identity document (RSA) – current and not older than three months. (If a South African Identity card is used copies must be for both sides.)
- CV/Personal profile
- Z. 83 form filled (obtainable from any Public Service Department office or facility.)
- Proof of residence as per the catchment area one has applied for.
- Proof of registration with the South African Pharmacy Council as a Pharmacy Technician
- A good and outstanding academic performance record during schooling or other forms of training will be an added advantage.
- All copies must be certified and certification date not to be more than three months old.
- The EC Department of Health is committed to ensuring inclusivity, equity and fairness.
- Applicants must clearly indicate the reference number on the Z 83 form
- Academic records will be verified.
- No late and incomplete applications will be considered.
- Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within three months after the closing date of the advert, regard your application as unsuccessful.
- Monthly stipend is at R5, 000 per learner.
- No faxed or emailed applications nor documents will be accepted.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted to the offices for Human Resource Development (HRD) Managers of the Department of Health in relevant districts or Sub districts or hand delivered as follows:
Joe Gqabi District: Post to: HRD Office, Joe Gqabi district, Private Bag X 1005, Aliwal North 9750 or hand deliver to Joe Gqabi district, HRD Office,32 Dan Pienaa Street, Springs, Aliwal North, 9750, Enquiries: Mr L. Kometsi – Tel. 051 633 9630 .
Alfred Ndzo District: Post to HRD Office, Alfred Ndzo District, Private Bag X 3515, Kokstad, 4700 or hand deliver to Alfred Ndzo District, HRD Office, 26,81 Murray Street, Kokstad, 4700, Enquiries: Mrs B. Mbobo-Tel. 039 797 6082.
Nelson Mandela Bay Metro: Post to HRD Office, Dora Nginza Hospital, Private Bag X 11951, Algoa Park, 6005 or hand deliver to Dora Nginza Hospital, HRD Office, Spondo Street, Zwide, Port Elizabeth, 6201, Enquiries: Ms. K. Mdingi – Tel. 041 4064326. Post to HRD Office, Livingstone Tertiary Hospital Private Bag X60572, Greenacres, Port Elizabeth 6057 or Hand deliver to Livingstone Tertiary Hospital, HRD Office, Corner of Lindsay & Stanford Road, Korsten, Port Elizabeth, 6001, Enquiries: Mr G. Naidoo Tel 041 453 0911.
Amathole District: Post to HRD Office, Amathole District Office, Private Bag x 022, Southernwood, East London, 5200 or hand deliver Amathole District Office, HRD Office, no 05 Ground Floor,19 St James Road, Medical Centre Building, Southern Wood, East London 5200, Enquiries: Mr. X. Mene – Tel. 043 707 6700
Sarah Baartman District: Post to HRD Office, Sarah Baartman District, Private Bag 27667, Port Elizabeth, 6057 or hand deliver to Sarah Baartmaan District, HRD Office, Room 510, Golden Mile building, 5 Downing Street, North End, Port Elizabeth, 6057. Enquiries: Ms. N. Wayiza – 041 4088514/8147
Chris Hani District: Post to HRD Office, Chris Hani District, Private Bag x1661 Queenstown 5320 or Hand deliver to: Chris Hani Health District, HRD Office, Komani Hospital, Queenstown 5320. Enquiries:Ms. P. N. Shweni – Tel. 045 8071100/1177
O. R. Tambo District: Post to HRD Office, OR Tambo District, Private Bag X 5005; Mthatha, 5099 or hand deliver to OR Tambo District, HRD Office, Office 9 – 24 Botha Sigcawu Building, Mthatha, 5099.
Buffalo City Metro: Post to HRD Office, Frere Hospital, Private bag X 9047, East London, 5200 or hand deliver to HRD Office, Frere Hospital, Room 4.11, 4th Floor, Amalinda, East London, 5225. Enquiries: Mrs Z. Moyikwa – Tel. 082 4746055. Post to HRD Office, Cecilia Makiwane Hospital, Private bag X001, Mdantsane, East London, 5225 or hand deliver to Cecilia Makiwane Hospital, HRD Office, Billie Road, NU 4 Mdantsane, East London, 5225. Enquiries: Ms L. Vara.
For enquiries contact: Ms Mehlwane Thobeka – 040 608 1525, Miss Ziyanda Mchizana, Miss Chulumanco Gugwini Tel no: 040 608 1524
(Visited 376 times, 1 visits today)