Nestle Skills Development Manager Position Johannesburg
Skills Development Manager – Bryanston
To facilitate the development and execution of the market skills development strategy, to advice the organisation and employees on the National Skills Development Strategy (NSDS) and to facilitate execution of that strategy. To ensure the organisational compliance with the relevant skills development legislation and to serve as a contact person between the employer and the relevant SETA.
- Facilitate the development and execution of the organization’s skills development strategy aligned to business needs / objectives, Employment Equity (EE) targets, Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) targets, available budget and resources.
- Work with HRBPs and training specialists across the market to establish effective training needs analysis aligned to business needs / objectives, EE and BBBEE targets, available budget and resources.
- Work with HRBPs and training specialists across the market to (a) ensure that their Workplace Skills Plans (WSPs) are aligned to their unit training budget, (b) ensure that their WSP is aligned to the General Ledger (GL) and the Generic Calculator (GC) and (c) ensure that they submit their unit WSP and Annual Training Report (ATR) and GC on time.
- From the unit’s WSPs and training budgets, consolidate the centrally managed training plan (WSP) and training budget. On a monthly basis in liaising with the training coordinator and finance controller, manage the centrally managed budget by ensuring that the centrally managed training plan (WSP) is aligned to General Ledger (GL) and the Generic Calculator (GC).
- From the centrally managed and units WSP, training budget, ATR and GC consolidate the market training budget, WSP, ATR and GC which must be monitored on a monthly basis and submitted to SETA and to BBBEE verification agency as per stipulated deadlines
- Ensure all documentation for both the Mandatory and Discretionary Grants are submitted on time to SETA. Regularly follow up with SETA to ensure that the organisation receives maximum Grants / Rebates on time as expected. Communicate Grants / Rebates received versus expected to the business at least quarterly or as and when requested.
- Advice the organisation on the quality assurance requirements set by the SETA and ensure compliance by conducting skills development audits within the organisation.
- Assist the business in establishing learning solutions to solve current business challenges and also in establishing learning solutions aligned with future organisational needs by advising on the relevant learning solution.
- Manage the bursary programme from end-to-end, this includes budgeting, advertising, selecting, contract management, campus visits, workshops planning, and placement of the bursary students during and after their studies. This also includes liaising with and management of the relevant service provider.
- Manage the internship program from end-to-end, this includes the budgeting, advertising, selecting, contract management, registration and deregistration with SETA, monitoring their development plans. This also includes liaising with respective line managers, training specialists and or HRBPs.
- Work with different service providers and stakeholders within and outside the business to ensure progress and effectiveness of all learnership (employed and unemployed) and apprentices programmes (unemployed and unemployed).
- Foster a culture of learning and self-learning within the organisation by introducing targeted interventions and by capturing and sharing learning / skills development best practices / good example within the organisation.
- Ensure integration of E&T tools and methodology with skills development management processes
- Degree level education or equivalent (preferably in Human Sciences, i.e. HR Management or Industrial Psychology)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Skills Development Facilitator (SDF)
- 3 – 5 years in Human Resources Management and/or Training Management
- Experience in training strategy development and execution
- Experience in training needs analysis (WSP and Training Calendar)
- Experience in skills development management (WSP, ATR, B-BBEE)
- Experience in Employment Equity (EE) management
- Experience in training budget creation, consolidation and management
- Experience in SETA funds and rebates management
- Experience in skills audits and assessments
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Experience in reviewing and or writing policies and standard operating procedures
- Experience in training facilitation (Facilitator and adult TTT Certificate)
- Experience in coaching (Coaching Certificate)
- Experience in assessment (Assessor Certificate)
- Experience in training material creation
- Experience in TPM E&T Pillar Lead and or Management
- Experience in implementing change in organizations (Change Management)
- Shopfloor experience, i.e. Factory or Distribution Centre
- Expertise in one or more businesses or categories
All applications MUST quote the reference number stated above
Please note that the Company will NOT pay relocation fees for this position.
While Nestlé understands and accepts that staff members often need to join another division in order to pursue their career aspirations, you will need to notify your direct Manager in writing should wish to apply for this position.
If you are interested please apply via our intranet ( Nest ) and attach an updated copy of your CV.
Contact: Alfred Ngwenya for further assistance
Tel. No: 011-514-6000. Closing Date: 14 th June 2019
How to Apply