Chief Clerk – FINA20099 – (200000AU)
Position: Chief Clerk
Division: Revenue Management
Salary: R227 136 – R311 556 per annum (plus benefits)
- Ensure the effective execution of Debt Collection and Credit Control policy
- Perform operational processes to ensure the operational processes are delivered within approved service and Batho Pele standards
- Ensure that completed work adhere to governance and legislative requirements to ensure governance compliance and reduction / elimination of risk in the division
- Perform financial processes to comply with the requirements of the legislative framework and Acts (i.e. MFMA, MSA, policies, procedures and circulars) and the Credit Control policy
- Maintain people management to ensure provision of a meaningful context, setting performance standards and development of staff within the division
- Adhere to specified standards, policies and SOPs
- Run and review Final Notices in accordance with set parameters
- Run and review Disconnection Notices in accordance with set parameters
- Verify correctness of disconnection instructions issued to contractors.
- Follow-up on payments received and issue re-connection instruction.
- Capture Final Notice, Disconnection and reconnection fees in accordance with proclaimed tariffs
- Capture payment extensions and arrangements in respect of account holders on financial system.
- Perform follow-up in respect of arrangement debtors to ensure compliance with terms.
- Interact with disconnected customers and assist and provide accurate information regarding account enquiries
- Finance Certificate / National Diploma in Finance or relevant equivalent NQF Level 6 qualification
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Interpersonal skills
Enquiries: Tel: 0860 54 3000; E-mail: email@example.com
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful.
The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right to appoint, not appoint or to appoint laterally.
: South Africa-Gauteng-Corporate
: Administrative Officer (Finance)|Clerks
: Revenue Management Division