The CSIR has Internship opportunities in the Information and Cyber Security Centre within the Defence and Security Cluster. These are based in Pretoria and Johannesburg.
Information and Cyber Security Internship
This opportunity will allow successful candidates to be involved in the research, conceptualization, design, development, testing, and/or maintenance of cybersecurity and identity management solutions with the aim to protect overall ICT assets in the public and private sector.
- A Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science/engineering or related fields;
- An Honours degree in information technology, computer science/engineering or related will be advantageous;
- Knowledge of Information and Cyber Security topics such as network security, mobile security, identity management, data security, web security, database security, governance, and/or cyber security in general;
- Knowledge in software design and development;
- Knowledge in the following is essential:
- Linux and Windows Operating Systems including Virtual Machines;
- Computer literacy and competency in MS Office;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to independently conduct research, capture research results and write technical reports;
- Ability to interact with peers and superiors;
- Ability to work across diverse information and cyber security domains;
- Ability to solve challenging and complex technical security problems;
- Ability to innovate and create new solutions for current cyber security problems;
- Ability to plan, prioritise and time management;
- Ability to work independently in a team context;
- Ability to take ownership of own career and development;
- Ability to work well under pressure, decision-oriented and meet deadlines;
- Willingness to acquire new skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing date: 10 January 2021
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE CSIR BURSARY LINK