Digby Wells Environmental Education Trust invites all full-time students registering for their undergraduate (1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year) and Post Graduate studies for the 2020 academic year, to apply for the opportunity to participate in our bursary programme.
DIGBY WELLS ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION TRUST
This programme provides tertiary education funding and employment for a selected number of exceptional learners who are academically capable and have interests in a career in managing the environment.
The Digby Wells Environmental Education Trust will be offering a bursary which will include financial aid, comprising of tuition fees, a laptop, and book allowance.
Learners who will be inducted into the company, will also receive:
- Paid vacation employment with practical training and on-site exposure,
- On-going mentorship from our highly experienced staff and full-time employment on graduation.
Are you Eligible to Apply
- Learners must demonstrate academic potential.
- Learners must be South African citizens.
- Preference may be given to historically disadvantaged learners.
- Funding may only be awarded for full time study.
- The learners must demonstrate a high level of passion towards working outdoors and want to contribute and make a difference to the environment.
- The application process is highly competitive and potential applicants must be able to demonstrate both a high degree of motivation and the preparation and ability required to complete their studies.
- Learners who are currently enrolled in Grade 12 are required to attached proof of application made to their University of choice.
- Learners already registered at University will need to provide academic record
As such the following fields of study will be eligible for bursary support:
- BSc. Environmental Sciences,
- Soil Science,
- Aquatic Health,
- Hydrology and Botany.
Only applicants who have obtained the following marks for Grade 12 all year will be considered:
- A minimum of 60% in Mathematics
- A minimum of 60% in English
- A minimum of 60% in Physical Science
The Application Process
You can obtain an application form by:
- Sending an e-mail message (“Please send me a bursary application form”) to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Downloading an application form from the Digby Wells website www.digbywells.com
- The closing date for submitting your completed application form with all supporting documents is 30 November 2019.
NB: Do not pay for any job placement, a job cannot be sold. The job has to pay you not the other way round.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.