Exxaro Company Secretary Pretoria Gauteng
REFERENCE SHOULD BE MADE TO P40165308 ON ALL APPLICATIONS
PURPOSE: • To provide support to Group Company Secretary and Assistant Group Secretary by executing operations within company secretarial unit. • To provide company secretarial, record keeping and administrative services.
MAJOR CHALLENGES: • Guidance and support to directors. • Handling and processing of highly sensitive information. • Regulatory compliance – understanding of complex requirements. • Highly pressurised and complex environment.
- National Diploma (Relevant) (Essential/Minimum)
- Charted Institute of Secretaries (Recommended/Desirable)
- B Degree (Relevant) (Recommended/Desirable)
3-5 years Company secretarial experience with Knowledge of the Companies Act
Importance : Essential/Minimum
Involvement : Operational
- Certificate of Fitness (Essential/Minimum)
- Psychometric Assessment (Essential/Minimum)
The incumbent will inter alia be responsible for the following:
Administration and Document Control
- Advise on what documents need to be created as well as the level of detail to be contained in the documents
- Responsible for storing, maintaining, retrieving, certifying and explaining corporate governance documents
- Assist auditors during statutory audit
Best Practice and Knowledge Management
- Constantly seek to perform current tasks better, faster and cheaper
- Confer and share tactical and operational information with relevant stakeholders to discuss issues, coordinate activities, and resolve problems related to execution of company strategy on a scheduled basis
- Continuously monitor exchange and preservation of information between operations and individuals to facilitate effective knowledge management according to organisational objectives and as applicable to department
Business Performance and Operations
- Manage statutory records in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Keep up to date with developments in relevant legislation and regulations
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure continued good practice
- Produce relevant, accurate and on time key stakeholder information
- Preparation and distribution of:
- Notices of meetings
- Agendas and papers – deciding on and setting the agenda for review by the chairman, raising matters for discussion
- Resolutions and minutes of meetings
- Arrange, organize and attend respective meetings
- Statutory submissions, facilitate notarisation of documents and lodging of accounts
Compliance, Governance and Assurance
- Ensure full compliance with the Companies Act, Listings Requirements and other pieces of legislation for which Corporate Secretariat is responsible, i.e. Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA), Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI), Financial Markets Act (FMA)
- Drafting of sense announcements
- Submission of documents to regulators, i.e. Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC)
- Ensure all companies/committees for which a corporate secretariat and governance service is provided is fully compliant with applicable Companies legislation
- Assist Group Company Secretary in ensuring compliance with Companies Act, Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE)
Listings Requirements, Memorandum of Incorporation (MoI), King IV and other relevant legislation
Customer, Stakeholder and Client Relationship Management
- Accountable to provide a comprehensive corporate secretariat and governance service to the following committees:
- Executive Committee (Exco) from time to time
- Investment Review Committee
- Group Information Management (IM) Steering Committee
- or any other committee, so decided by the Group Company Secretary and Legal
- Full meeting coordination: agendas, minutes, action reports, facilitation.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on processes and policies to be followed, as well as delegated authority and required governance in general.
- Support and guide the chairman and the members as to their roles and responsibilities.
- Provide relevant and specialised support to applicable stakeholders
- Meeting and document support for offshore companies (Dutch etc.)
Effective People Management
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Coordinating activities when Group Company Secretary and Assistant Group Secretary are out of the office
- Guidance and advice to Professionals-in-Training (PIT’s)
Internal Business Processes
- Assist Assistant Group Secretary in preparing and managing Departmental budget
- Assist Group Company Secretary with preparation of memoranda informing board and board committees of governance information
- Assist Group Company Secretary and chairmen of committees with research as requested
- Assist in review and updating of charters and terms of reference and accountable for update of terms of reference for committees for which accountable
- Provide guidance and support to management committee on governance matters
Safe and Healthy Work Environment
- Maintain and ensure a healthy environment, safe operations and practices, ensuring compliance with all applicable Safety Health and Environmental (SHE) policies and procedures in line with set standards
- Encourage a culture that focuses on safety in all operations
- Board Pad super user – providing 24/7 support to all directors and management in respect of access to application etc.
- Ensure full compliance with governance principles and delegation framework
- Assist Assistant Group Secretary and Group Company Secretary with board and committee meeting preparation
- Prepare and update all company’s information sheet
- Ensure Directors declare their interests in contracts
- Assist with arrangements/preparations for board, committee and annual general meetings, video/telephone conferencing
- Responsible for management of directors’ and senior management dealings in relation to management share incentive schemes
Demonstrates the following:
- Creativity, collaboration, sociable and awareness to the ecosystem
- Stewardship, accountability, ability to develop trust, safety conscious and ethical
- Ability to respond quickly to business needs/agility, flexibility, continuous learning, innovation and proven ability to experiment on creative business solutions
- Ability to be inclusive, eagerness for multiple skills, embraces multiple cultures, accepts different approaches and be human-centric/empathetic
- Results oriented, quality driven, excellence, entrepreneurial abilities, efficient and effective
Applicants must submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 2019.05.13 at 16:00. The appointment will be made in accordance with Exxaro’s Employment Equity policy.
If you have not been contacted within 28 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
NB: Do not pay for any job placement, a job cannot be sold. The job has to pay you not the other way round.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.