General Worker George
GENERAL WORKER REF NO: 051018/11
Branch: Operational Integration: Western Cape
DIV: Data Management
SALARY : R96 549 per annum (Level 02)
CENTRE : George
REQUIREMENTS : An ABET certificate and the ability to read and write. Knowledge of construction
and maintenance work. Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety. Knowledge
of gardening equipment and appliances. Knowledge of power tools. Knowledge of
carpentry / bricklaying / welding. Knowledge of daily maintenance procedures for
effective machine / equipment performance.
DUTIES : General and structural maintenance of gauging sites. Refurbishment of gauging
sites. Construction of gauging weirs and infrastructure. Technical assistance and
How to Apply
ENQUIRIES : Mr. J Kriel, Tel No: 044 802 2733
APPLICATIONS : Please forward your applications quoting the relevant reference number to The
Regional Head: Western Cape, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag
X16, Sanlamhof, 7532 or hand deliver to Sigma Building, 3 Blanckenberg Road,
FOR ATTENTION : Ms. K Melelo Tel No: (021) 941 6054
NOTE : Persons with disabilities, African Females, White Females, Indian Females, White
Males, Coloured Females and Indian Males are encouraged to apply.
NB: Do not pay for any job placement, a job cannot be sold. The job has to pay you not the other way round. Here are some tips for you to identify jobs that are not real. HOW TO SEE IF A JOB IS A SCAM/FAKE Below are ten tips to see if a job is a scam. Note that on this website we do not post such kind of jobs. 1.They Use Personal/free email instead of company email. , e.g: (hotmail. gmail, webmail, yahoo, mail e.t.c). Sometime their email will say Eskom@gmail.com, Transnet@webmail.com or Netcare@yahoo.com. The companies mail should say Eg email@example.com, recruitment@Transnet.com or Mothobi@Netcare.co.za it can't be eskom@gmail it must be statement them after @ is name of company not before @
2. They Use Personal Cell Number Instead of a Land-line/company tell (e.g. 073, 082. 061. 060 e.t.c) Companies use 011, 021, 041, 057, 031 ETC.
3. They Need Upfront fee for the job placement (e.g. pay R120 for your Job placement or Test) company needs you not other way round so they can't ask for money why can't they take it from your salary when they hire you? Even recruitment agency are paid by companies that require people.
4.They Rent CBD Flats for their interviews and fake tests , (e.g. what house commissioner street johannesburg flat/Floor no.22)
5. They require many people to Apply (e.g 100 people needed to work at call centre immediately) and requirements are simple that almost everyone qualify
6. They always have many different fake fields for everyone (Drivers, Cleaners, Call Centre, Nanny, Security Jobs e.t.c)
7. Their Job Posts are always : With or Without Qualifications/Experience
8. Some uses SMS Like : sms CLEAN to 4392 (This is just an example) or Comment with Yes or Phone Numbers
9. They Frequently Advertise the same Job Ad throughout the year
10. Their Job Content has less information and don't have Application End Date/ Closing Date. So, be warned and be cautious when you see jobs like these and never pay for a job, your job has to pay you. Thank you