How to Apply for a Replacement of Your Damaged or Lost Matric Certificate
Have you lost or damaged your matric certificate? If yes, no problem. If you lost or damaged your original matric certificate, you can apply for replacement at the Department of Basic Education (DBE) or Provincial Education Department (PED) by completing the Replacement application form.
You can request for the statement of results while waiting for the issue of your certificate.
If the certificate is damaged, you must return the damaged certificate to the Department of Basic Education (DBE) or Provincial Education Department (PED).
What should you do?
- Pay the prescribed fee by postal order at the Post Office, cash at DBE / PED office or by cheque.
- Go to the nearest DBE/ PED offices with the following documents:
- An affidavit stating what happened to your certificate (i.e. if it is lost or damaged) the original national/ senior certificate (if it is damaged), this is not applicable if it is lost
- The original identity document (ID) and a certified copy.
- Alternatively you can download form, Application for a Replacement Certificate Std’s 5,6,7,8,9,10 or Grade 12, fill it in and post it with the attached documents including the postal order to: Private Bag X895, Pretoria, 0001
How long does it take?
It takes between four to six weeks for a Replacement certificate to be issued (for records on the system). You can obtain your statement of results immediately.
For records not on the system, it will take longer as records needs to be retrieved from the Archives and loaded on the system.
How much does it cost?
- Replacement certificate: R107.00
- Statement of results: additional R45.00
You may apply and pay for the re-issue ONLINE (www.eservices.gov.za)
National and Provincial Contacts:
- National office: 012 312 5845/6/7
- Eastern Cape: 043 604 7709/73
- Free State: 051 404 8000
- Gauteng: 011 355 0588
- KwaZulu-Natal: 031 327 0538/0331
- Limpopo: 015 290 7747/7830
- Mpumalanga: 013 766 0033
- Northern Cape: 053 839 6585
- North West: 018 384 3100/51
- Western Cape: 021 467 2483
NB: Do not pay for any job placement, a job cannot be sold. The job has to pay you not the other way round.