Harambee Youth Employment Accelerators is a free service that helps young South Africans overcome many of the difficulties they face in finding and keeping their first job.
Our assessments and training help you get and keep a real job at a real company.
We help young people with a matric or equivalent qualification who have been looking for a permanent full-time job, but haven’t been able to find one.
We also help young people who have a university degree or other tertiary qualifications but haven’t been able to find a job.
Most people find their jobs through a social network – school or university, friends, family or previous work experience.
For people who don’t have these social networks, networks that link to jobs, finding a job is difficult.
Harambee works to create this kind of social network for young work-seekers.
Research by the Development Bank of South Africa shows that a young South African who can get and keep a first job for at least 12 months has an 85% chance of being employed for the rest of their lives.
Harambee is calling upon all unemployed young people who reside in Johannesburg and meet the below criteria!!!!
To qualify you need to:
• 18 to 34 years (opportunities available for those over 29 are limited)
• Have a valid South African ID
• Have at least a Grade 11 completed 1 year before application
• Persons with a disability require a minimum of a Grade 9
• Are currently unemployed
• Educated at a previously disadvantaged school
• Not employed in one job for longer than one year
• Are hungry for an opportunity
• Have never been blacklisted
• Have no criminal record
• Have not been permanently employed for more than 12 months
• Have been actively looking for work for more than six months
HOW TO UPLOAD CV
NB: Do not pay for any job placement, a job cannot be sold. The job has to pay you not the other way round. Here are some tips for you to identify jobs that are not real. HOW TO SEE IF A JOB IS A SCAM/FAKE Below are ten tips to see if a job is a scam. Note that on this website we do not post such kind of jobs. 1.They Use Personal/free email instead of company email. , e.g: (hotmail. gmail, webmail, yahoo, mail e.t.c). Sometime their email will say Eskom@gmail.com, Transnet@webmail.com or Netcare@yahoo.com. The companies mail should say Eg email@example.com, recruitment@Transnet.com or Mothobi@Netcare.co.za it can't be eskom@gmail it must be statement them after @ is name of company not before @
2. They Use Personal Cell Number Instead of a Land-line/company tell (e.g. 073, 082. 061. 060 e.t.c) Companies use 011, 021, 041, 057, 031 ETC.
3. They Need Upfront fee for the job placement (e.g. pay R120 for your Job placement or Test) company needs you not other way round so they can't ask for money why can't they take it from your salary when they hire you? Even recruitment agency are paid by companies that require people.
4.They Rent CBD Flats for their interviews and fake tests , (e.g. what house commissioner street johannesburg flat/Floor no.22)
5. They require many people to Apply (e.g 100 people needed to work at call centre immediately) and requirements are simple that almost everyone qualify
6. They always have many different fake fields for everyone (Drivers, Cleaners, Call Centre, Nanny, Security Jobs e.t.c)
7. Their Job Posts are always : With or Without Qualifications/Experience
8. Some uses SMS Like : sms CLEAN to 4392 (This is just an example) or Comment with Yes or Phone Numbers
9. They Frequently Advertise the same Job Ad throughout the year
10. Their Job Content has less information and don't have Application End Date/ Closing Date. So, be warned and be cautious when you see jobs like these and never pay for a job, your job has to pay you. Thank you