HSRC: 1000 Graduates Wanted. A flagship HSRC project is to create an internship opportunity for graduates who are not able to enter an increasingly hostile and drastically changed labour market. This project falls under the Presidential Youth Employment Intervention (PYEI) within the HSC division in partnership with the Department of Science and Innovation.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME 2021
Available positions: 800 – 1000 graduates
- Gauteng ref: PYEI/GT/1120
- Western Cape ref: PYEI/WC/1120
- KwaZulu Natal ref: PYEI/KZN/1120
- Free State ref: PYEI/FS/1120
- Northern Cape ref: PYEI/NC/1120
- Eastern Cape ref: PYEI/EC/1120
Ref: Please use correct regional reference
Successful recruits need to have a Bachelor’s degree (NQF7)/National Diploma (NQF6) in one of the following disciplines:
- Social Sciences,
- Public Health,
- Health Sciences,
- Human Resources,
- IT / Computer Sciences and other related disciplines.
The successful recruits will receive training to develop various skills to support their professional and personal growth.
Recruits will be deployed to do rapid health risk assessments within local communities and will support other research projects through various tasks in project support and documentation.
- Applicants should preferably reside in the abovementioned areas of work as no relocation allowance will be provided.
- Applicants must have completed their studies and graduated with a bachelor’s degree or national diploma in the selected disciplines prior to 01 January 2021.
- Must be a South African and must have studied in the South African universities/colleges.
- Must be 35 years of age or younger on the date of appointment on 01 January 2021.
- Must not be employed by any other party at the date of appointment on 01 January 2021.
- Must have a strong ability to read, write and speak English.
- Candidates must have experience and confidence in using electronic tablets and laptops.
- Must be available full time from 01 January 2021 to 30 June 2021.
- Must be able to function and work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be a good communicator and be willing to work in teams.
- Willingness to execute duties on weekends and after hours, as required by the project role.
- Be committed, responsible, self-disciplined, driven, honest, trustworthy and diligent.
- The HSRC is an affirmative action employer and promotes the employment of the previously disadvantaged applicants, including minorities, women and people with disabilities.
- At least 5% of the applicants must be people with disabilities; who meet the minimum criteria e.g. is a South African, 35 years or younger, graduated with diploma or degree at a South African university/college.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note the following:
- Documents to attach to your applications are:
Your detailed two page CV with contact details
Certified matric certificate
Certified copy of your degree / or diploma certificate
Certified ID document
Please state the reference of the region you wish to be based on your application
- Please answer the following questions on your motivation letter:
Have you completed your matric? Yes/No
Have you completed your diploma (NQF6) or degree (NQF7) before 01 January 2021? Yes/No
Do you foresee any engagement in the period 01 January 2021 to 30 June 2021? Yes/No
Are you available for placement full time from 1 January 2021 to 30 June 2021? Yes/No
Are you a South African and younger than 35 years? Yes/No
Groups of recruits will be required to work in the following areas:
• Eastern Cape:
o Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan
o OR Tambo District
o Sarah Baartman District
o Garden Route
• Free State:
o Lejweleputswa District
o Mangaung District
o Ekurhuleni Metropolitan
o City of Tshwane Metropolitan
o Ugu District
o UMgungundlovu District
o Zululand District
• Northern Cape:
o Frances Baard District
o Pixley ka Seme District
• Western Cape:
o City of Cape Town Metropolitan
o Cape Winelands District
o Garden Route
Opportunity Closing Date: Thursday, November 26, 2020