Intern – Volvo Group Real Estate
The main purpose of the job is to perform mostly administrative task but not limited any technical tasks. He/she will receive training in VGRE and Finance systems.
Reporting: The role will report to the General Manager: Real Estate
- Accurately and timeously update the data JLL system
- Support in managing building maintenance projects, both LTM and STM.
- Support in selection of and negotiations with suppliers, in close cooperation with IPS (when they are present in the market).
- Manage appointed suppliers and evaluate performance in conjunction with IPS.
- Support Property Project Manager to deliver property projects.
- Participate in negotiating lease agreements for new site acquisitions; site rent reviews; and renewals.
- Maintain records, reports and files according to local legal & business needs and RE internal demands. Populate internal data capture systems, as applicable.
- Keep track of and comply with relevant authority demands and property legislation
- Manage the work in accordance to the Volvo Group processes
- Engage with and input into Healf&Safety activities at sites, as required.
- Compile information for RE property masterplan and to maintain the plan.
- Support in conducting property assessments in line with agreed frequencies.
- Responsible for the ordering process in the purchasing system regarding daily operations and specific projects.
- In dialogue with the purchasing department (IPS) -when they are present in the market- secure that the purchasing process is followed in order to avoid incorrect costs/invoices, etc.
- Handle the correct processing of invoices to ensure accurate posting to accounts.
- Update project management systems (e.g. VGRE Project) to ensure accurate cost posting & payment plans per project, with support of Property Project Manager if applicable. Update according to requested frequencies and deadlines.
Education & Job Experience
- Must have a Diploma in Quantity Survey.
- Must have a drivers licence.
- Must be able to travel nationally.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Previous experience on SAP Finance will be an advantage.
- Interpretation of technical drawings.
- Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Project planning
- Report writing
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
How to Apply
NB: Do not pay for any job placement, a job cannot be sold. The job has to pay you not the other way round. Here are some tips for you to identify jobs that are not real. HOW TO SEE IF A JOB IS A SCAM/FAKE Below are ten tips to see if a job is a scam. Note that on this website we do not post such kind of jobs. 1.They Use Personal/free email instead of company email. , e.g: (hotmail. gmail, webmail, yahoo, mail e.t.c). Sometime their email will say Eskom@gmail.com, Transnet@webmail.com or Netcare@yahoo.com. The companies mail should say Eg email@example.com, recruitment@Transnet.com or Mothobi@Netcare.co.za it can't be eskom@gmail it must be statement them after @ is name of company not before @
2. They Use Personal Cell Number Instead of a Land-line/company tell (e.g. 073, 082. 061. 060 e.t.c) Companies use 011, 021, 041, 057, 031 ETC.
3. They Need Upfront fee for the job placement (e.g. pay R120 for your Job placement or Test) company needs you not other way round so they can't ask for money why can't they take it from your salary when they hire you? Even recruitment agency are paid by companies that require people.
4.They Rent CBD Flats for their interviews and fake tests , (e.g. what house commissioner street johannesburg flat/Floor no.22)
5. They require many people to Apply (e.g 100 people needed to work at call centre immediately) and requirements are simple that almost everyone qualify
6. They always have many different fake fields for everyone (Drivers, Cleaners, Call Centre, Nanny, Security Jobs e.t.c)
7. Their Job Posts are always : With or Without Qualifications/Experience
8. Some uses SMS Like : sms CLEAN to 4392 (This is just an example) or Comment with Yes or Phone Numbers
9. They Frequently Advertise the same Job Ad throughout the year
10. Their Job Content has less information and don't have Application End Date/ Closing Date. So, be warned and be cautious when you see jobs like these and never pay for a job, your job has to pay you. Thank you