Call for Applications 2019 now open. Iso Lomso fellowships provide an exceptional early career opportunity for Africa’s brightest minds in academia. Iso Lomso means ‘the eye of tomorrow’ in isiXhosa: seeing towards the future, laying the foundations for tomorrow.
Iso Lomso fellowships provide an exceptional early career opportunity for Africa’s brightest minds in academia. Iso Lomso means ‘the eye of tomorrow’ in isiXhosa: seeing towards the future, laying the foundations for tomorrow. The third call for applications is now open.
Iso Lomso Fellows enjoy:
- a three-year attachment to STIAS during which time they may spend a total of ten months in residence at STIAS to develop and pursue a long-term research programme;
- the possibility of a residency at a sister institute for advanced study in North America, Europe or elsewhere;
- funding to attend up to two international conferences or training workshops anywhere in the world;
- possible support to convene a workshop with collaborators at STIAS;
- lecturer replacement subsidy for the fellow’s home institution during residency periods.
The programme is aimed at African scholars who have obtained a doctoral degree within the preceding seven years and who hold an academic position at a university or research institution anywhere in Africa.
Candidates should have established a research programme and have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD programme.
All disciplines are considered.
How to Apply
The current Call for Applications closes on Tuesday, 15 October 2019
Download the applications documents of the 2019 call here:
You may also apply for:
- RAF Correspondence Internships Pretoria
- WNS Global Services SA Learnership Programme R4500 Per Month
- Liberty Life INSETA Learnership Programme
- Robben Island Museum Internship Programme
- Last Day To Apply for SAPS Traineeships for 2020
- Job Scam Alert: How to see if a Job is a Scam
- Business Administration Learnerships for Matriculants
- Iso Lomso Fellowship Programme
- Ways to Make Money on the Weekends
- Ways to Make Money if You Are Unemployed
- P&G Learnership Programme Johannesburg
NB: Do not pay for any job placement, a job cannot be sold. The job has to pay you not the other way round.