Closing Date: 11 November 2016
Sibanye is offering study opportunities at the following University in 2017: University of Johannesburg
A limited number of positions are being offered to local community and labour sending areas for a full time study and learnership opportunity in line with Sibanye’s business needs in the following discipline:
- Mining Engineering
The appointee should:
- Have a Grade 12 Matric Certificate with University Acceptance (Mid-year results will be provisionally considered if currently studying).
- Have the minimum University Acceptance APS of 23
- Achieved a minimum of at least: English 5(60 %+), Mathematics 5(60 %+) and Physical Science 5(60 %+).
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Gold Occupational Health Centre.
- Distinctions in Mathematics and Physical Science.
- Application will need to undergo an interview process and psychometric assessment.
- Prospective candidates will be required to complete a work place orientation and underground exposure visits as part of the selection process.
- Applicants must submit a fully completed Application Form, Proof of residence, CV and certified copies of ID and Qualifications to Sibanye Academy.
- Application Forms may be obtained from the Sibanye Academy as well as from the Intranet.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for selection.
- Final allocation is dependent on application obtaining an acceptance letter from the University of Johannesburg.
- All applicants will be subject to clearance screening by the South African Police Services as required by the National Explosives Act.
Preference will be given to:
Applicants from the local communities and labour sending areas who meet the institution’s registration requirements.
How to Apply
For more information and Submission of applications contact:
Sibanye Academy: Fulufhelo Mashovha
Phone: 011 752 1145
Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.