Element has an opportunity for a Learnership to join our team in South Africa.
- Working in the laboratory assisting in the preparation of soil / water samples
- Undertaking a variety of organics and inorganics extractions in preparation for analysis
- Maintaining accurate records, calibrating equipment and general housekeeping duties
- Reporting of results using LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System)
- Ad hoc duties as required
Skills / Qualifications
- A chemistry / science student or recent graduate
- The right aptitude and / or evidence of self-motivation
- Basic understanding of analytical chemistry
- Highly motivated and organised individual
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration business in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety – We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity – We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence – We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership – We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
How to Apply