Metropolitan is one of the oldest financial services brands in South Africa. With a 116 year legacy of serving the communities in which it operates, Metropolitan represents true empowerment in serving Africa’s people through affordable financial solutions that create financial growth and security.
Metropolitan operates in South Africa, but the brand is also present in 12 African countries including, Namibia, Botswana, Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Lesotho, and Swaziland.
Metropolitan provides financial wellness solutions that meet the needs of low income clients, including funeral insurance, health, savings, hospital cash-back cover, retirement solutions and life insurance.
An exciting opportunity exists within Metropolitan Learning & Development department for a self-motivated and driven individual to take up the challenge of Graduate Internship in a demanding yet exciting environment.
The programme is a work based learning programme that assists graduates to prepare for the workplace and promotes access to increased employment opportunities within the Medical Aid Administration and Insurance industry.
We need a graduate who have completed Bachelor’s Degrees / Diploma in:
- Information Technology
- Graphic Design
WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO DO
- Creating multimedia products in partnership with business analysts, technical architects and software programmers
- Creating digital images for the purpose of animation
- Transferring audio/video files to be edited and manipulated digitally
- Creating artwork to be used in video games
- Creating animated sequences using computer software
WHAT COMPETENCIES YOU’LL REQUIRE
- Understanding of Digital Marketing and Digital design
- Knowledge of photography and videography
- Thorough knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Particularly design software)
- Must be able to work with strict deadlines and stick to them
- IMPECCABLE attention to detail
- Must be able to work well under pressure (Social Media never sleeps or waits for anyone)
- And most importantly, you must be eager to learn, work well in a (awesome) team and have a positive attitude!
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Multimedia, Information Technology and/or Graphic Design
- Should not be studying fulltime for the duration of the Programme
- Be available full-time from 1 March 2017 to 28 February 2018
- South African citizen between the ages of 20 and 35 years
- Computer Literate (MS Office)
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Must be able to commute to workplace on their own
- A good working knowledge of the health and wellness industry will be an advantage
MORE POINTS TO PONDER
Shortlisted candidates will be subject to the following statutory checks:
Psychometric assessments will be part of the selection criteria
Should you not be contacted within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful
The successful candidate will be based at our head office in Bellville.
- Only on-line applications submitted via our careers page will be considered.
- Internal Team Members must inform their manager of their application. Your manager must be aware of and support your application.
How to Apply
Closing Date: Not specified
NB: Do not pay for any job placement, a job cannot be sold. The job has to pay you not the other way round.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.