Applications are invited for the above mentioned positions in the Southern Africa Distribution Department , based at our New Germany Distribution Centre in Kwazulu Natal. The successful incumbent will report to the Distribution Manager .
Purpose of the Position:
The intention is to give practical work experience to students recently graduated, but are unemployed and require exposure in a work environment, or those in their last year of study and require In-Service Training in order to obtain their qualification. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing 1 February 2020 and ending 31 January 2021.
Key Learnings would include, but are not limited to the following:
- Materials Handling
- Quality Control
- Warehousing and Distribution
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- Suitable Tertiary qualification – diploma / degree
- Good decision making skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and problem solving skills.
- Analyse and generate meaningful insights from numbers & data
- Ability to work in cross functional groups within the business unit.
- Results and goal orientated, always able to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and make a difference.
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, Power Point;
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Driver’s License is essential.
- South African citizen.
The successful candidate must Demonstrates the following Behavioural competencies:
Lead Self – Personal effectiveness, Resilience, Model the Organisation values
Thinking and Innovation – Business Acumen, Adaptability, Problem solving
Relationship – Customer focus, Builds and maintain relationships, Engagement skills
Management – Planning, Organizing & Controlling, Sense of urgency, Take Ownership
Leadership – Dealing with change, Team work, Leading own performance
Prospective interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter/ Letter of motivation
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Certified academic record
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate
- A letter from the tertiary institution
- A format for evaluation, required by the tertiary institution
- Certified copy of identity document
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Reference number: 15981 Closing Date: 31 August 2019
How to Apply
You may also apply for:
Get More details at: https://www.aftermatric.co.za/#ixzz5wjIyJpsw