Places to Study Nursing in South Africa. Are you planning to study nursing in the recent future?. Do you know where to study nursing?. Have you checked if the facility is registered or not? Read more further to find colleges and training providers for nursing programmes. That is places to study nursing in South Africa. Also double check before registration if the facilities have been registered and accredited for the courses they are offering.
Nursing is such an important discipline in the care of patients. Nurses not only care for patients, but they offer emotional support, educate the public about health conditions and serve communities by offering medical assistance. Individuals can pursue various types of nursing careers, including roles as a licensed practical nurse or registered nurse.
Where to Study Nursing
How long does it take to complete your nursing studies?
Nursing is a 4-year full time course. During your studies you’ll gain an integrated learning and work experience at hospitals and various clinical facilities.
Here are the three main types of nurses in South Africa:
- Registered Nurses or Nursing Sisters
- Enrolled Nurses
- Enrolled Nursing Auxiliaries
What are some of the duties nurses perform?
Nurses are continuously monitoring and evaluating patients. They need to be smart, adaptive, educated and skilled in critical thinking.
Nurses’ responsibilities include coordinating with multiple specialists and doctors.
Here are some of the things nurses do on a typical day:
- Conduct physical exams
- Take detailed health care histories
- Listen to patients and analyze their physical and emotional needs
- Provide counseling and health care education to patients
- Coordinate care with other health care providers and specialists
- Stay current with advances in health care options, medications, and treatment plans
- Draw blood, and perform other health-related testing
- Check a patient’s vital signs
Where can you study nursing in South Africa? Here is a list of colleges:
- Western Cape College of Nursing
- Mpumalanga College of Nursing
- SAMHS Nursing College
- Caerus Nursing School
- Free State School of Nursing
- Empilweni nursing college
Find more tips at www.aftermatric.co.za