PwC Traineeships Fraud Investigation, Fraud, Investigations & Regulatory Enforcement (FIRE)
Job Description & SummaryPwC Forensics has been helping organizations deal with the issues such as fraud, corruption and dishonesty, both in proactive and reactive situations. Our Forensics Cape Town team have assisted organizations to manage these issues and focus on outcomes that address reputation protection, asset recovery and prevention.
PwC Forensics Cape Town provides first-hand experiences in assisting clients with serious business needs. We have developed methodologies and strategies that help clients handle difficult circumstances.
We are seeking for ambitious team players with exceptional analytical skills and a well-rounded personality to become part of our dynamic team in Cape Town.
Your role as an Associate will focus on the delivery of client engagements, by understanding objectives for clients and PwC, aligning your own work to objectives and setting personal priorities, teaming with others across businesses and borders and taking accountability for own and team results. In this role, you will build relationships and exercise your communication skills in order to positively influence your peers and other stakeholders. You will commit to personal learning and development by actively seeking opportunities for growth, you will share knowledge and experience with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador.
If you are willing to work under pressure with strict client and PwC deadlines, gain exposure to conducting investigations and Global Intelligence assignments across a wide range of industries and client portfolio (both local and international), have strong analytical capabilities and strive for continuous attention to quality – This role is for you.
- Investigate matters relating to economic crime, i.e. allegations of fraud, corruption and/or irregularities including document review, research, quality control, and perform accounting, economic, and financial statement analysis within established timeframes and budgets allocated
- Summarise, analyse, and prepare reports and findings in a clear, logical, and concise manner and appendices
- Provide general support to team on a variety of tasks in connection with project execution, and communicate with clients and other sources for the purpose of obtaining relevant information and documents
- Assist in conducting integrity due diligence reviews using various local and international online public sources and databases
- Maintain the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
- Contribute to new business proposals and development for Forensic Services
The successful candidate will need to complete a CFE Learnership
Essential competencies and attributes:
- Passionate about client service
- Self-starter and motivated
- Innovative and creative mind-set
- Ability to cope with multiple conflicting client demands through managing time and prioritizing deliverables and tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Ability to work under pressure whilst delivering high quality products
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to build and sustain relationships
- Acquiring and applying commercial and technical expertise
- Open-minded, practical and agile with change
- Leading and contributing to team success
- A degree or postgraduate qualification in Forensic Accounting, Accounting, Risk Management or Law, though candidates without degrees will also be considered if they demonstrate relevant experience
- 1 to 2 years work experience in a forensic services environment will be advantageous
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good working knowledge of data analytics
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Please attach full/latest academic transcript as well as all matric and university certificates obtained.
How to Apply
NB: Do not pay for any job placement, a job cannot be sold. The job has to pay you not the other way round.