Apply for the Rand Water In-Service Traineeships 2021 in Vereeniging Gauteng
External applications are invited from suitably qualified students who are interested in joining Rand Water to apply for gaining experiential training in the fields / disciplines of Analytical Chemistry and Microbiology in the Analytical Services Department within the Scientific Services Division at Vereeniging
Rand Water Traineeships
In making the final selection, first preference will be given to:
- Applicants with a matric and have successfully completed the two years theoretical training as required for a National Diploma in Biotechnology / Microbiology or Chemistry.
- Applicants that are South African Citizens and have a valid SA ID Document.
- Applicants that are under the age of 30 (in line with the NSDS III).
- Applicants that have not participated in previous experiential learning programmes and require the experience to fulfill the requirements of a National Diploma in Biotechnology / Microbiology or Chemistry.
- Application must contain the following documents (incomplete applications will not be considered).
- Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendation letter from the Tertiary training institute verifying that the you must only complete the one year training in the workplace environment
- Certified copies of your ID Document
- Certified copies of your training record including the academic transcript
- Basic Principles of ISO 17025
- Collecting samples for water quality analysis.
- Preparation of media, chemicals, reagents and samples received, for the area of work.
- Performing analytical analysis on samples received.
- The documentation and checking of results on the identified databases.
- Performance of, and documentation of, all quality control checks of identified analytical tests.
- Undertaking and documentation of maintenance of equipment, instrumentation, biological cultures and test kits and ensure that they are correctly maintained.
- The adherence to SHE practices and good housekeeping principles in the area of work
- Good Laboratory practice
- Good Behaviour
How to Apply
More opportunities like this
- Rand Water In-Service Traineeships 2021
- Sandvik Apprenticeship Programme 2021
- Maersk Learnership Programme
- Rio Tinto Learnership Programme 2021
- NFVF Funding Applications Open
- Mastercard UCT Scholarship Programme
- Public Works Internship Programme
- Midvaal Municipality Internship Programme
- Motsepe Foundation Bursaries 100 Available