Sandvik is offering finance learnership opportunity at Jet Park in Johannesburg.
The Purpose of learnerships is to obtain workplace skills and professionalism (Business Etiquette) and to put into practice the theory they have been taught. The majority of learners placed in the department that correlates with their qualification. We aim to have clearly defined roles for learners to ensure that the theoretical understanding gained whilst studying is tested and enhanced through practical application. This would be a fixed term contract for 12 months.
Sandvik is an engineering group in tooling, materials technology, mining and construction.
Key performance areas
- Supports in preparing monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports as required.
- Prepares monthly financial forecasts, including cash flow forecast and top up requests.
- Maintains an up to date financial grid of both restricted and unrestricted funds
- Files all financial records and vouchers as per the financial policies and procedures.
- Liaises with the bank: cashing cheques, general banking, banking mandates, reconciling bank statements and ensures appropriate balances are held in the accounts.
- Review and ensure timely settlements of receipts for staff business advances.
- Captures and uploads financial transactions data onto the accounting system including payroll information.
- Monthly Processing and submission of VAT
- Supporting the audit processes – internal and external.
- Provides cover for Head of Finance when required
- Matric or equivalent
- N4 to N6 Certificate Financial Accounting
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Programmes
- Excel Skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to adapt to change
- Deadline driven and ability to work under pressure for long periods
How to apply
Applications close on10 February 2017. Click here to apply online
NB: Do not pay for any job placement, a job cannot be sold. The job has to pay you not the other way round.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.