Closing date: 31 August 2021
Operating entity: UBE Mining, SIGMA
Geographical area: Sasolburg, South Africa
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
A Plant Controller is responsible for the operations team that ensures the mine silo is empty and the Coal is transferred from Mine to the Plant.
Amongst others, he/she will ensure that the coal will be blended to achieve the acceptable quality ash before being transferred to Sasolburg Operations for usage. He /she will ensure that the silo levels will have to be managed on a shift basis. He/she is also responsible to execute the blend plan and scheduling operations such that stockpiles are correctly blended before they need to be reclaimed.
• Keep mine Silo empty
• Operate plant to ensure Coal crushing plant and blending to ensure objectives are met
• Keep factory Silos full
• Stock balance between SS1 & SS2
• Adhere to values, SOP’s and Safety
• Plan blending activities
• Team Leader
• Take appropriate actions during an emergency
• Must ensure that all deviations are logged on the log sheet and correct codes used
• To Control overland conveyor belts to Sasolburg Operations and Extraction from Mooi kraal. Total of 27 conveyor belts
• Auto substitution (When one operator need help or out)
• Manage and Control the stock Level to ensure that sufficient stock will always be available
• Optimize utilization of equipment
• Control blending activities to optimize coal quality to Sasolburg operations
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment, as part of the normal pre-employment selection criteria.
Qualifications and expertise required
- Matric / N3 with Maths and English (Must)
- Stacker, Reclaimer, tripper, and valid driver’s license (Must)
- Computer literate (Windows 2000)
- 1-year experience as a Principal Operator
Specific experience required
- Minimum 2 years in coal mining production environment
- Operation Knowledge
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Self-Mastery – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback, and self-correcting.
Functional / Technical:
Knowledge and skills of the following:
- Analyzing problems and having a holistic view
- Resolving conflict
- Planning of the job
- Acting with confidence, assertiveness
- Communication skills
- Computer literate
- SAP Knowledge
Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
Only applications received via the Sasol Website will be considered.