We are the world’s leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance, but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF’s regional division EMEA Europe, Middle East, Emerging Europe and Africa. BASF operates in more than 50 countries in the region. For BASF the EMEA region is our most important market.
What you can expect
Responsible for the contributing to BASF’s profitability by achieving production and efficiency targets consistently through ensuring that all polymer intermediates and polymer finished products are manufactured safely, cost effectively and timeously. Core responsibilities will include the following:
- Adherence to and compliance with all BASF guidelines and procedures
- Supervise deputy shift foreman and shift operators
- Carry out any lawful instructions to ensure compliance with all applicable BASF Requirements and local legislations in your role Permit issuer and four eye signatories
- Ensure in process testing is done and efficiently
- To carry out final QC testing and issue COA’s in the absence of the QC analyst
- Set out tasks on an individual and group basis and re-organize tasks to accommodate urgent request to achieve customer satisfaction
- Ensure that the shift operates within laid down housekeeping and safety standards
- Ensure safe and healthy working environment are in line with OHS Act and the EHSQ policy
- Minimize any possible emissions of harmful substances into the environment
- Implement necessary procedures to ensure that conform to specification on a first-time basis
- Investigate all quality incidents and ensure effective action is taken to prevent recurrence
- Develop and implement system of communication and good working relationships with employees (Industrial Relations)
- Investigate all incidents and accidents on shift, take correction action to prevent the recurrence
What we expect
- Grade 12 with Maths and Science
- NQF level 2 in Chemical Operation learnership (NQF level 3 Chemical Operations Learnership advantageous)
- Forklift license
- Previously working knowledge and understanding of the plant production process plus knowledge of the technical aspects of the products being produced with previous supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of current Labour and Occupational Health & Safety legislation
- Computer literate- Microsoft office (intermediate level)
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
BASF is an equal opportunity employer which we embrace diversity and the principles of employment equity.
Closing date for applications
14 March 2019
How to Apply