Shoprite Group System Designer Position, send applications online. The Shoprite Group is the largest private sector employer in South Africa and a leading employer in Africa. They believe their employees are key to their success. They focus on attracting, developing and retaining a loyal and committed workforce, dedicated to the Group’s culture and organisational objectives.
Shoprite Group Vacancies
This role is responsible for creating high quality data, application and technology architectures and designs in support of the business requirements, and to lead the realization of the design into the final solution implementation utilising software and technologies offered by business. Read more about Shoprite Group System Designer position.
- Create architectures and designs for transactional data solutions that are aligned with business blueprints, non-functional requirements, delivery constraints, data, application and technology standards, and architecture standards.
- Ensure solution architecture quality and serve as the primary point of contact for the data area solution design between the project team and the SDLC process.
- Define solution design standards and SDLC governance requirements.
- Degree in Information Systems / B SC Computer Science (or similar) is essential.
- Solution Design Certificate and Solution Architect Certificate is desirable.
- 3+ yrs working experience within the IT industry.
- 3+ yrs working experience in large datasets.
- 3+ yrs experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architectures, system analysis and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC).
- 3+ yrs excellent design and architecture skills and proven track record delivering well designed complex enterprise class systems.
- 3+ yrs experience with identification and formulation of solution architecture and solution alternatives and their assessment.
- 3+ yrs experience in high volume data and files processing, in a batch and real time, integration environment.
- 2-3 yrs experience leading a team through an architectural development process and collaborate with application development teams, architects and other members of the software development team.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and logical skills.
- Excellent team-working, interpersonal skills.
- Development of proposals and excellent written, communication & presentation skills.
- Excellent organisation and facilitation skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- 3-4 yrs Systems analysis
- 3-4 yrs System integration (API)
- 3-4 yrs System Design
- 3-4 yrs Microsoft .NET Framework experience, BizTalk, SQL, Asp. Net, Jason, XML, SOAP, Restful services, UML
- 3-4 yrs Must be able to read code
- 3-4 yrs Previous development experience
- 2-3 yrs Enterprise architecture
- 2-3 yrs Task level Planning
- 1-2 yrs JIRA
You may also apply for: Anglo American Mining Learnerships
Closing Date: 10 August 2020
HOW TO APPLY
- Go to the Shoprite careers page – here
- Browse available vacancies and click on the one you are interested in
- Apply! – Note: in order to apply for any of the vacancies you will create an account or log in to your existing account. Follow all steps as required.
Shoprite Group are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally.