Sasol in Sasolburg, Free State is looking for physically fit and healthy individuals to join their brave and dynamic team of firefighters. The purpose of the job is to protect the company assets against the adverse consequences that may result from SHER related incidents. This is an entry-level training opportunity within the emergency management unit of Sasol.
Sasol is an international integrated energy and chemicals company that leverages the talent and expertise of its more than 33 000 people working in 37 countries. Sasol develops and commercialise technologies, and builds and operates world-scale facilities to produce a range of product streams, including liquid fuels, high-value chemicals and low-carbon electricity.
- Support and maintain operational and applicable legal requirements and processes in support of Emergency Management and Sasol’s strategic objectives.
- To ensure timeous effective response to emergency incidents, on- and off site and thus ensuring the protection of Sasol and its employees and other property as per mutual aid agreements.
- To ensure that fire and life equipment are inspected as per the SANS 1475 standard.
- Ensure that emergency equipment and vehicles are always readily available.
- To ensure station, vehicles and equipment cleanliness.
- Grade 12 (Must)
- Medically fit for firefighting (incl. functional and capacity test/evaluation)
- Excellent communication skills
- Building partnerships and networking
- Conflict Management
- Applying relevant legislation, Company codes, standards and procedures
- Mentally and physically fit
- Be able to work shifts and do standby as required
- Listening skills
- Sense of urgency and able to work under pressure
- Assertiveness / Decisiveness Cooperativeness
- Team Player
- Strong customer centric orientation
- Time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
How to apply
Applications close on 22 December 2016. Click here to apply online
NB: Do not pay for any job placement, a job cannot be sold. The job has to pay you not the other way round.