Applications open on 1 April of the year proceeding the year of study and close on 30 September at 12:00 noon. You may apply online at www.uj.ac.za and follow a link to Apply@UJ, or you may download the application form, which should either be submitted to the Student Enrolment Centre or mailed to the University.
Please note: All applicants are advised not to send cash by mail or leave documents and cash with any unauthorised persons.
UJ has TWO different methods of applying. You have the option to choose only ONE of the following:
ONLINE Web Application = FREE Click Here
OFFLINE Paper Application = R200 (click here to download the hard copy application form)
- Applicants applying online may not subsequently apply using a paper-based application.
- Please note that receiving a UJ student number (reference number) does not imply you are a student until you have officially registered.
- Incomplete applications may result in the delay of finalisation of your application.
- Applicants must have a valid email address in order to apply online. All Communication with regard to your application will be sent via email/sms. Should you not have a valid email address you can create an email account using Gmail, Yahoo Mail or any other email provider you may prefer.
- Meeting the minimum admission requirements for a specific programme does not necessarily guarantee admission to that particular programme.
- A token may be issued by certain Faculties/Departments for Continuing Education Programmes or Study Abroad applicants. Please enter the token when requested as part of the online application. This will assist you in applying for the correct programmes/s which you are interested in studying.
- Online application related enquiries may be sent via email to email@example.com or you may contact the UJ Call Centre on 011 559 4555.
- To verify or update your email address please contact the UJ Call Centre on 011 559 4555
Qualifications phasing out and articulation/progression routes
Please click HERE to download a full list of undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications that will be phasing out. This list also contains articulation/progression routes for thes phased out/phasing out qualifications.
Download UJ 2018 Prospectus
Click Here to Download The Prospectus