Department Housing and Residence Affairs
Division Placement Administration
Intern (contract appointment: 1 year)
Job ID: 2727
Bloemfontein, Free State
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide support and quality customer service at all times to students, parents, staff members and visitors of the Department Housing and Residence Affairs (HRA).
- Provide general administrative assistance to the Assistant Director including but not limited to filling and making photocopies.
- Refer people to the appropriate offices.
- Handle telephonic and verbal queries and enquiries.
- Do general research about management information enquiries.
- Electronic processing of room shooting lists as received from junior residences.
- Liaise with Residence Heads in all other related instances.
- Assist in the process with regard to senior post-graduate accommodation to prospective senior students, international students, staff, community, etc.
- Take part in the preparations of open-day, “Roadshows,” presentations, etc.
- Assist in other areas of placement administration as needed.
- Handle general administration, including filing and making of photocopies
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate Computer skills, including ( MS Word, MS Excel, Internet)
- Customer service focused
- Organisational skills.
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team and function under pressure
- Experience in student housing environment in Higher Education sector.
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of one (1) year.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
5 April 2019
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 7705/ 3222/ 3687/ 7267/9161.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
Please note: Compile / convert all the below documents as one document (PDF or Word), when uploading it on the online application system
- Certified copies (not older than three (3) months) of all academic record;
- Certified copies (not older than three (3) months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- Certified copy (not older than three (3) months) of your identity document (ID).