Apply for the Winter Cereal Trust Bursaries. Research is a vital element of agricultural production. Without dedicated research teams working tirelessly to increase productivity, there is little hope of agricultural production keeping pace with the world’s ever growing need for food. Read more about the Winter Cereal Trust Bursaries.
The Winter Cereal Trust (WCT) is very aware of this situation. It is particularly relevant in South Africa which has to import most small grains (wheat, barley, oats and rye) on a regular basis to meet the country’s needs.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
Students will be required to take up employment within the Small Grains Industry for an equal amount of time as their bursary awarded.
Bursary recipients will be required to attend the 2 day meeting of the Winter Cereal Trust Technical Committee, held in Pretoria during September each year.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Students must be South African citizens
- The bursaries are for Masters and Doctoral study
- Three bursaries per annum will be allocated to Black students busy with their final year of undergraduate studies and/or honours degree depending on the availability of funds.
- The field of study must be relevant to the Small Grains Industry
- The topic for the thesis must be approved by the Winter Cereal Trust.
- A Mentor and Co-Promotor (where applicable) for the study programme must be nominated and, together with the University where the study will be undertaken, must be approved by the Winter Cereal Trust
- Students will be expected to work in the Small Grains Industry for a period that is the same length as the period of study
- The bursary amount will be approximately R64 135 per year for one year for an undergraduate or Honours degree, R 77 698 per year for two years for MSc students and R94 965 per year for three years for PhD students
How to Apply
THE CLOSING DATE FOR BURSARY APPLICATIONS IS 31 AUGUST EVERY YEAR.